- Extremely Fine/Superb:
- Outstanding Condition. Near-Perfect Centering (large margins on imperforate stamps)
- Very Fine:
- Above Average Condition for year issued. Well centered (full margins on imperfs)
- Average appearance for that particular stamp and year issued.
- Very Good:
- A well centered stamp but may have minor imperfections such as freshness or color
- Not well centered or having minor flaws.
- Space Filler:
- Major flaws but suitable for temporary inclusion in a collection. (I do not advertise these but can supply some upon request)
|**||Mint Never Hinged||BLK/__||Block of ____|
|*||Hinged Mint||SS||Souvenir Sheet|
|OP||On a Piece||PR||Pair of Stamps|
|FDC||First Day Cover||E||Essay|
|CDS||Circle Date Stamp||SET||Complete Set Issued|
|CTO||Canceled to Order||S||Single Stamp|
|SONC||Sock on Nose Cancellation||MS||Miniature Sheet|
- OG --- Original gum; small portion of hinge remains.
- MNH --- Gum as issued by post office; no hinging.
- LH --- Minor gum disturbance but no hinge remnant.
- HR --- Hinge remnant more than normally would be found for this issue.
- CTO --- Cancelled to order by issuing post office and has original gum but cancelled to "appear" Postally cancelled.
Oceania Philatelic Galleries -- Updated 9/8//2001